Sunday, September 9, 2007

How to Make a Website - Step 5

Step 5 - Web hosting- the last step before it comes together

This step in how to make a website deals with hosting. To have a website online you will need web hosting. Basically, it's a computer connected to a really big broadband connection it has a bunch of extras that allow the data - your website - to be up almost all the time 24/7.

I'll give you two different hosts to look at as I think they have great deals on inexpensive quality hosting. ($3.95 and $3.99 per month) They also have some form of website builder software so if you don't want either of these choose a host that offers a site builder plan.
The best deal out there in my opinion is 1&1 hosting I use them myself for my smaller sites. They actually give you two domain names with their basic plan. Click here to go to their site. The other site is ix hosting and they have similar deals you can pick either Linux or ms windows hosting I would probably go with Linux hosting only because of the component availability.

I mean, if you want to add more functions to you website later - like e-commerce, email lists etc you can usually find those components written in PHP a programming language for free.

No comments: